Beauty and Health Uses
- Helps fight cancer
- Heals colds and flu
- Keeps your skin healthy
- Improves digestion
- Controls cholesterol levels
- Cleanses and detoxifies your body
- Reduces body odor
- Helps lose weight
- Reduces arthritis pain
- Benefits new mothers
- Helps fight depression
- To help improve digestion- bring water to a boil, add lemongrass and boil briskly for 5 minutes. Lower the heat and simmer the tea for additional 5 minutes. Strain and stir in the sugar before drinking.
- To control cholesterol levels- Simply drink a cup of lemongrass tea (the method is mentioned above) once, every day.
- To heal colds and flu- boil fresh strands of lemongrass, add 2 cloves, a small piece of cinnamon stick and a teaspoon of turmeric powder in a cup of milk. Strain and drink after it cools down. Drink it once for a few days.
- To reduce arthritis pain- drink lemongrass tea twice daily.
- To alleviate various skin issues- mix 1 ½ cup of fresh lemongrass (sliced), in a cup of olive oil and heat it for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, allow it to cool down before applying on your face.
- To help reduce weight- rinse a stalk of lemongrass, cut into 2 inch and crush with a knife. Boil 2 cups of water with 7 slices of ginger, lemongrass and ½ cup sugar. Remove from stove, add 5 green tea bags and steep for 5 minutes. Removes the tea bags and let it cool for 30 minutes. Strain the tea and drink it iced or warm, as per your wish.